What is Mindful Reflexology?
Mindful reflexology is particulary helpful to those suffering with stress, anxiety and depression.
Anxiety and depression present one of the greatest challenges faced by our society today. Prescription rates for antidepressants and anti-anxiolytic medication have increased steeply and it is estimated that 1 in 4 people will experience some kind of mental health problem in the course of a year.
There has been a lot of research into the link between the mind and the body. It has been proven that the mind has considerable impact on both disease and healing and therefore the benefits of relaxation are considerable. By calming the mind, you are allowing your body to do what it needs to do to heal rather than holding onto the tension and stress that keeps us in a perpetual state of anxiety and stops us being able to function effectively.
How does Mindful Reflexology differ from normal reflexology?
The reflexology session will focus on the reflexes that play the largest role in anxiety, stress and depression. In addition to this I use mindfulness techniques to allow the mind to quieten and therefore enhance the relaxation and subseuently the healing can begin, whether this be physical, emotional or both.
How will Mindful Reflexology help me?
There is no quick fix or magical solution, it does take time and patience.
We are aiming to :-
- Get out of our heads;
- Recognise that our thoughts may not be the truth;
- Learn to be non-judgemental of ourselves;
- Start living in the present rather than worrying about the past or the future;
- Stop trying to make life be a certain way;
- Focus on the positives rather that the negatives.
Results from studies show that mindfulness helps you to:-
- Better cope with stresses/uncertainities of everyday life;
- Improve the quality of your sleep and your ability to relax;
- Promote kindness towards yourself and others;
- Learn the skill of responding rather than reacting to situations.