Hot Stone Reflexology
Hot stone reflexology, as the name would suggest, uses heated stones which are applied to the feet and lower leg using various techniques. The warm stones take the body to an even deeper level of relaxation penetrating up to 8 cm into the superficial layer of muscle. They have been shown to be very effective in creating harmony and balance and can bring about physiological changes as well as influencing the body's internal energy flow (Chi); therefore bringing balance to both body and mind.
You can choose to have a full session of hot stone reflexology or have a combination of normal reflexology and hot stone reflexology. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss the alternatives.
Benefits of Hot Stone Reflexology
Some of the benefits of hot stone reflexology are listed below:-
- Promotes relaxation
- Increases circulation (allows capillaries to dilate)
- Promotes the release of tension in connective tissue
- Helps the body fight infection by increasing the action of leukocytes and lymphatic function
- Reduces muscle tension (the application of heat allows the muscles to relax allowing us to work more deeply and if muscle relaxes and recovers, repair can take place more efficiently)
- Increases elimination of waste products
- Feeling of blissfulness
- Release of tension and anxiety
- Feeling of security